The course trains participants in the essentials of podcasting (online on-demand radio). Podcasting can help established and emerging media professionals promote their work, create avenues of communication for individuals or groups and foster new communities with shared interests (no matter how broad or narrow). One of the appeals of podcasting is the limited technical skills needed to make podcasts and the possibility for even the most niche topic to find its audience. However, to realize the full potential of the medium, podcasts should be intelligently designed, follow rudimentary production processes and be locatable within a fast growing area.
What will participants learn?
- Designing, editing and managing audio content
- Using recording equipment and software for audio production
- Designing a podcast: how to write for the ear, structure audio content and turn an episode into a series
- Recording Essentials – equipment and techniques
- Editing Essentials – audio editing software training
- Disseminating your podcasts – building communities and promoting content online
Podcast courses are taught and designed by experts in podcast production, radio, sound design and editing. They have experience in teaching podcasting and researching podcasting as a phenomena, as well as in practical work on podcast production and radio.
Courses on offer