We're Hiring - CMDS is Looking for a Coordinator
The Center for Media Data and Society at Central European University invites applications for a coordinator position.
The successful candidate will
- coordinate the organization of events and activities, including booking travel, catering and logistics support;
- cooperate with internal CEU administrative units (including but not restricted to submission of grant requests, reimbursements, etc.);
- support budgetary processes;
- perform research support tasks;
- maintain event calendars;
- perform general office support duties;
- assist in outreach and dissemination of news and events via social media, email lists and website(s) and liaise with external partners.
- degree in social sciences, humanities or public policy, preferably in a field related to communication and media studies and policy;
- relevant professional and administrative experience in the public, non-profit, and/or private sector;
- excellent English language proficiency (Hungarian language skills are a plus, but not required);
- proficient IT skills (MS Word, Excel, Access);
- strong communication skills;
- excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills;
- ability and desire to work in a team as part of a lively, multi-national academic research environment.
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The initial contract is for one year with the possibility of renewal.