Call for Participation in the AudioFiles Podcasting Workshop
The Center for Media, Data and Society (CMDS) in cooperation with the Mirabaud Media Lab at CEU is organizing a five session workshop on podcasting for the CEU community. The aim of the workshop is to introduce participants to the basics of podcasting: how to create and produce audio content that will help promote their work and open new paths to cooperation with their peers. Students, faculty and staff are welcome to apply.
Academic podcasting is a new form of content creation, a medium for content dispersion and part of a movement that seeks to expand intellectual engagement. Moreover, podcasting in academia has the potential to foster new communities of practice, to open academic knowledge and change the way research is imagined.
You will learn how to:
- use recording equipment and software for audio production
- write scripts, edit and manage audio content
- No previous podcasting experience is required but basic computer literacy skills are (please note that we will work with Apple Macs in the sessions)
- Be a member of CEU, either as a student, faculty or staff. Visiting scholars and students are welcome
- Be able to attend all the five sessions. They are all essential to your training, so please check your schedule and make sure you can attend before you apply
- Please note that all the equipment will be provided by CEU but participants are free to use their own gear
Workshop dates: October 10, October 17, November 4, November 21
The tentative workshop program is attached.
How to apply:
Please send an email including the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with Audiofile application + your name in the subject line:
- Your (short) CV
- A short synopsis for a 20 minutes podcast*, including theme, storyline, potential guests etc. (approx. 350 words)
- Optional: if you already have a podcast, please share it with us and include a short paragraph on why this workshop is useful for you.
Deadline for applications: September 27
Results will be communicated by: September 30
Confirmation by: October 3
Please note that this is a pilot program and cannot be taken for credit.