CEU Students Sought to Investigate Disinformation Websites
Are you interested in…
- Gaining experience in data collection?
- Investigating companies and their owners?
- Working with a professional team of researchers and journalists on a groundbreaking research project?
Do you have…
- Good command of English and other languages?
- Interest in research and investigation as well as good communication skills?
- Interest in getting familiar with using advanced investigative journalism tools and techniques?
The Center for Media, Data and Society (CMDS) is accepting applications for part-time, unpaid intern positions at its Budapest office to work on our ongoing research projects. This call is specifically for inquisitive students interested in investigating the companies and individuals who have set up disinformation websites in Europe. Collected from trade registries in individual countries, annual reports, regulatory studies and other sources, the data will be used to develop a registry of disinformation players, listing owners and key financial data. Interested interns can use the data to write articles and analytical reports about the disinformation phenomenon, which will be published on CMDS’ online platforms including its website, partner websites and its Medium blog.
Main tasks include
- Collection of data about companies and individuals who run disinformation websites
- Tabulation of data for publication in a registry
- Drafting analytical articles about the key players in the disinformation business
The duration of the internship will be agreed upon with CMDS.
Applications, consisting of a resume and a statement of interest (max. 300 words) that would also include the country or countries that the applicant plans to research should be sent to Mihaela Groza GrozaM@spp.ceu.edu. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. For further questions, please contact Mihaela Groza at GrozaM@spp.ceu.edu