CMDS is Looking for a Part-time Outreach Coordinator
The Center for Media, Data and Society (CMDS) at Central European University invites applications for a part-time (20 hours/week) Outreach Coordinator position.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for telling the story of the Center`s research work over a variety of digital formats. Such digital storytelling requires managing Center communications and generating fresh content that allows us to disseminate the research work done by our faculty and staff. We have a suite of digital platforms for publishing content and an international audience that we need to consistently reach. Good candidates for this position should be able to demonstrate their skills in content production and familiarity with publishing platforms. The Outreach Coordinator will draft short news releases, proofread and format working papers, help with data visualizations, and design presentations. The Outreach Coordinator will live tweet Center events, generate news items for our website, organize and maintain our website content, prepare and organize video interviews and think creatively about how to visualize data and disseminate the research of our faculty and staff, liaising with CEU’s communications team. Such work will occasionally involve copyediting, simple graphics design, or document layout.
The Outreach Coordinator should be able to contribute to the strategic dissemination plan for the Center, and advise on how dissemination resources of funds and staff time should be spent. This person has overall responsibility for implementing the dissemination strategy for all the research output of the Center. Our goal is to move from simply publishing research findings to actively engaging, over social media, with our funders, research collaborators, journalists, and the interested public. So, along with leading the Center`s daily engagement over social media, this job involves working with Center faculty and staff to raise our collective presence online.
- a degree in social sciences, humanities or public policy, preferably in a field related to communication and information studies and policy;
- excellent English language proficiency (Hungarian language skills are a plus, but not required);
- experience with content production and dissemination over digital media (the Center uses Drupal, Mailchimp, Twitter, Facebook);
- additional skills in copyediting, document layout, presentation design, video production, or graphic design (the Center uses MS Office, Infogram, Canva/InDesign, Prezi);
- strong communication, organizational, time-management and prioritization skills.
We offer a competitive salary, as well as a dynamic, supportive, and international academic environment. Definite one-year contract, with the strong possibility of extension.
About the Center for Media, Data and Society
The Center for Media, Data and Society (CMDS) is a research center for the study of media, communication, and information policy and its impact on society and practice. Founded in 2004 as the Center for Media and Communication Studies, CMDS is part of CEU’s School of Public Policy and serves as a focal point for an international network of acclaimed scholars, research institutions and activists.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both master’s and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty, from over 50 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit www.ceu.edu
Applicants need to submit:
- cover letter, directly explaining how their experience fits the responsibilities of this position and identifying examples of the websites, social media feeds or other digital content they have helped produce; and,
- a full resume, with names, email and physical addresses of two references.